Good morning: Its a beautiful day in the neighbourhood. Boaters are here, sun is shinning and the pickleball courts are working overtime. What more could anyone wish for?
Just wanted to mention a few items.
1) The training clinic will be held on August 15, starting at 5:30 PM for warm up's with start time scheduled for 6 PM. The clinic will run approximately 90 minutes. The session will be divided into two groups.
Foundational Skills (people who have been playing for a short time from 2.0 and up to a 3.0 skill level)
Advanced - For partnership play and/or those interested in competition (suggest with 3.0 level or higher)
Note: The International Federation of Pickleball has published an updated self rating guide. Please check HERE for more information.
We will divide the attendees accordingly.
2) The cost of the clinic is $25.oo each. Please ensure that you have paid your registration to George before July 31 as we have a waiting list. We will assign open spots to the clinic if your payment has not been received by July 31. If you can't pay by
July 31 but still intend to attend the clinic, please let George know before July 31. THANKS
3) Our Tuesday and Thursday practice sessions are open to all members. We usually drill for the first hour including the use of the ball machine to develop your skill set.
4) Pickleball Canada has recently appointed Doug Snyder as the new Competitions Chair. Doug is a keen 4.5 rated player with a solid background in the sports world. His portfolio includes:
5) On Thursday June 26, the Board of Pickleball Canada held a planning session in Kingston. This planning session resulted in a strategy to advance the game in Canada for the benefit of all levels of play for all skill levels; the plan is "Everything Pickleball"
This plan is expected to be fully implemented by Summer 2020. Communication of the plan will be done by regular information updates in PC Scoop which is sent to all PCO members across the country.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to send us an email at: